scar and stretch mark treatments
Patients today are looking for easy-to-use, over-the-counter remedies that
can help them prevent or reduce scars and stretch marks – simply, comfortably
and effectively. Dow Corning can help you meet this growing demand with
proven silicone technology.
Improve efficacy and
Silicones have a long history of efficacy in scar and stretch mark
prevention applications. Because they have the ability to form uniform,
water-resistant films, silicones can be considered first-line therapy for scar
and stretch mark management. Plus, silicone-based formulations offer a
pleasurable feel and ease of use that can greatly improve patient
Dow Corning offers a range of high-quality, proven raw materials to
help you formulate products for the prevention of scars and stretch marks.
See for yourself how beneficial Dow Corning ® silicones can be
in the development of a wide range of scar and stretch mark treatments.
Download PDFs for formulation details.
||Stretch Mark Management
Substantive Scar Gel 1544 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous gel; semi-occlusive; good substantivity and resistance to wash; excellent sensory profile
Protective Scar Gel 1688 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous gel; semi-occlusive; comfortable and protective1 with good substantivity and medium resistance to wash
SiCAR Camouflage 2083 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous gel with pigment; occlusive; comfortable film with good coverage
SiCAR Serum 2082 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous gel based on pharmaceutical excipient; non-occlusive; substantive skin-protectant1 serum with a matt effect and comfortable feel
Non-Tacky UV Scar Gel – EU 2063 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous sun gel; semi-occlusive; contains sun filters for UVA protection; formulated for use in Europe
Non-Tacky UV Scar Gel – US 2064 (PDF)
– Semi-solid anhydrous sun gel; semi-occlusive; contains sun filters; formulated for use in the United States
SiCAR Ointment 2081 (PDF)
– Anhydrous balm with a matt finish; occlusive; leaves a non-tacky and comfortable feel on the skin
SiCAR Cream 2030 (PDF)
– Water-in-silicone emulsion; non-occlusive; substantive and comfortable hydrating emulsion containing Centella asiatica extract
1Contains Dow Corning® Q7-9120 Silicone Fluid (Dimethicone NF), which meets the requirements as skin protectant for over-the-counter human drug products (FDA monograph 21 CFR, Part 347.10).
Work with a healthcare
With more than 60 years of healthcare market experience in the design of
silicone-based systems, you can rely on Dow Corning for:
Reputable, cost-effective silicone-based materials
Proven aesthetics and functional film characteristics
A complete information package
Manufacturing at defined sites with the appropriate healthcare oversight